Monday, November 17, 2008

Commish jams up blog readers, McNabb jammed up by OT

First, I have to take my lumps. I've been jamming up you - faithful readers of The Jam Up - by not posting anything here in quite some time. I know you're at your computer everyday hitting refresh in 10 minute intervals, just waiting for a fresh Jam Up. And yes, that is funny to me so I am the Chauncey and you have been wearing Fisher Face.

Speaking of Chauncey, it should be recognized here that he has moved on - traded from the Pistons to the Nuggets. I believe that the people of Denver are going to soon learn (if they haven't already) Chauncey's charm.

Now, on to a relevant Jam Up. It was brought to my attention during SportsCenter yesterday that Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb had no clue -- no stinkin clue -- that an NFL game would end in a tie if nobody scores after a full 15 minutes of overtime. Are you kidding me? McNabb was jammed up by the rule book?

And of course after this admission, everybody got on his case - jamming him up with a giggle left and right. "What, McNabb never wondered why the Falcons were 9-6-1 a couple years ago?"

I was hesitant to call this a Jam Up, but it has now been re-appraised as a Code 1. Think of how McNabb must have felt when the refs told him the game was over, and it was tied.

1 comment:

edwardallen said...

poor mcnaab. he just can't catch a break. i wonder if the coaching staff said something to him at halftime of today's game like, "hey donovan, we are going to sit your for the second half of this game becaues there is a rule in the nfl that a quarterback cannot play more than a half of football following a game that ends in a tie."

mcnaab probably just nodded in agreement for fear that he would be jammed up again in the media if he said that this "rule" sounded a little fishy.